If you consider yourself a marijuana enthusiast, you might want to try out some of the weed recipes for yourself. It might be an intimidating road to go on. But worry not because this post has got you covered. We’ll go over some of the most popular weed recipes that you can make from scratch. Let’s not waste any more time and jump right in.
Cannabis Coconut Oil
As weird as it may sound, cannabis coconut oil is one of the most sought after recipes on the internet. It’s widely used in cooking delicious food that gives you the effects of euphoria.
Our first stop would be the ingredients that we’re going to need for the recipe.
- ½ cup of your favorite weed strain, grounded
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- A double boiler
If you don’t have a double boiler at hand, you can DIY your own. You’ll need a pan to put water in and a second pan or bowl to put on top of it. The top pan should be right over the waterline, preferably not touching.
- Step 1: The first step is to get the double boiler ready. Fill the bottom pan with water and bring it to a boil. The water should be barely boiling and not super-hot.
- Step 2: The next step is to add the coconut oil. You can use virgin coconut oil or processed off the shelf cans. Add the cup of coconut oil and a cup of water and let the mixture melt on the pan.
- Step 3: This is the step where you get the grounded cannabis ready for action. Spread the cheesecloth on a flat surface and take a long enough piece of twine so that you can make a knot. Pour the weed on the cheesecloth and fold it like a beef wrap. Tie the entire roll with the twine so that it’s properly secured.
- Step 4: It’s time to get to the action. Put the roll into the coconut oil and water mixture and stir with a metal spoon. You can use a wooden spoon if you want but it will soak some of the mixtures and might be hard to clean.
- Step 5: Keep stirring. At least for the first couple of minutes. The cheesecloth roll must soak completely for the best results. Now, time to wait. Leave the setup for a few hours. The water should be right at the boiling point. Overboiling is the worst thing you can do to your weed-infused coconut oil.
- Step 6: After about 4 hours, your coconut oil is ready. You can leave it for longer if you want a stronger infusion. You need to keep an eye on the mixture while THC from the cannabis is getting infused with coconut oil. It’s completely normal for the mixture to turn a little brown. Over time, it will become greenish.
- Step 7: It’s the fun part. Separating the oil and the water. Once you take the cheesecloth roll out of the mixture, squeeze it to get all the juice out. Transfer the liquid to another bowl and let it sit for a while. The greenish liquid should separate from the water. You need to refrigerate it to completely separate them. You can create a little hole to drain the water out.
There you have it. You’re ready to go with your delicious recipes!
Cannabutter is probably one of the essentials for almost any weed recipe. And knowing how to make it yourself can be an empowering feeling. Whether you’re baking brownies or cookies, Cannabutter could be your perfect companion.
- 3 oz. of unsalted butter
- 6 oz. of marijuana
- A crockpot
- A bowl
Crockpots are one of the kitchen essentials and are found in almost every household. The idea here is to slow cook the marijuana to infuse it with the butter.
- Step 1: Get the crockpot ready and set it on medium heat.
- Step 2: Put all of the butter on the pot and let it melt slowly.
- Step 3: Take the grounded weed and put it directly into the butter to let it cook. If you had whole weed stems and leaves, grind them with a grinder or a mortar and pestle. Generally, it takes about 6 hours for the weed extracts to properly penetrate the butter.
- Step 4: Take the crockpot off the stove and let it cool down. Take the cheesecloth and strain the mixture into a bowl. Squeeze it properly to get all of the butter out of the cheesecloth.
- Step 5: Store the Cannabutter in airtight containers and refrigerate them.
Your very own Cannabutter is ready to be mixed with the brownie dough next time.
Coffee and cannabis might not go hand to hand. While coffee is packed with caffeine for maximum energy throughout the day, cannabis adds a little active buzz to it. Therefore, infusing the two together can make for an amazing drink to start the day.
- Your favorite coffee
- 3 cups of water
- Cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil that you made
- Half a gram of your favorite strain of weed
Making cannabis-infused coffee is one of the simplest tasks you can tackle. All it takes is a little of your patience and time.
- Step 1: If you have whole weed, your first order of business to grind it. You can use a grinder to make the process easier for you.
- Step 2: Pour the 3 cups of water into a pan, mix the weed with the water and bring everything to a boil.
- Step 3: This is the step where you add the Cannabutter or the coconut butter if you’re into that kind of flavor. It’s also essential because we’re going to lose some of the cannabinoids in the boiling process. We want that back through the butter. Let the mixture boil slowly for about 40 minutes.
- Step 4: It’s time to strain the mixture to get all of the weed plant particles out. Take the time to thoroughly get everything out or else they might bother your coffee enjoyment.
- Step 5: Now, all there’s left to do is preparing coffee as you would in general. Just use the weed-infused water instead of regular water.
You are ready to kickstart the day with the refreshing flavor of coffee and the calming effect of cannabis.
Wine is already widely used for winding down after a long day. Blend it with coffee and you have a recipe of a lifetime. This is one of the complex recipes to stay along for the ride.
- Dry red wine
- A fresh quarter of cannabis
- Aluminum foil
- A pan
- A bowl
You must choose the wine flavor wisely to get the most out of your endeavor. A good wine with bold flavor works very well in this case. You can go for white wine but red wine is milder and has less of a hangover.
- Step 1: The first step is activating the marijuana. We need heat to convert the THCA into THC that will give us the desired effects. The molecular structure of THC suggests that lower heat and slower cooking is best for getting the maximum potency.
Take the pan and cover it with aluminum foil. Break the marijuana pieces into small portions and spread them evenly on the pan. Cover them with another sheet of foil. The heat should be around 230 degrees F and you need about 2 hours of slow cooking to get THC going.
- Step 2: Take out the weed and grind them into a fine powder. Spread them into the cheesecloth and follow the same rolling method from our coconut oil recipe.
- Step 3: It’s time to prep the wine. Take the bowl and pour the wine. Submerge the weed along with the cheesecloth into the wine and let it chill inside the fridge. You can leave it inside for about 24 to 48 hours, depending on how strong of an effect you want.
- Step 4: After you’re satisfied with the steep, it’s time to separate the wine and the weed extracts. Remove the cheesecloth and strain all of the wine before you start drinking.
You have a bowl of extremely powerful intoxicants. The mild buzz of wine along with the infused weed is bound to give you an amazing night!
Brownies are probably the most common form of weed edibles found across the world. They’re extremely easy to make. They taste amazing and the effects last for quite some time.
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4th cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Nutella (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of brown or white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
Making weed-infused brownies a.k.a hash brownies is one of the easiest weed edible recipes. It takes a long time to make but the efforts are worth it. The Cannabutter is the cannabis medium we’re going to use for our brownies.
- Step 1: The first step of making brownies is to take all the dry ingredients and mix them in a bowl. The flour, the cocoa powder, the salt, and the baking powder. You might have noticed that we skipped the sugar. That’s the only exception.
- Step 2: Grab another bowl and mix all the wet ingredients. The melted Cannabutter, vanilla extracts, peanut butter, Nutella, sugar, and eggs. Mix everything together with an egg whisker or fold it with a spatula.
- Step 3: Mix the two bowls together and whisk everything thoroughly. Keep whisking until the mixture reaches equilibrium.
- Step 4: Take the pan and give a coat of cooking oil. You can use the weed coconut oil in this step as well. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and let the brownie bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 5: A common way of checking whether your brownie is done or not is to poke it with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, you have yourself a ready to go pan of hash brownies.
It’s another common form of weed edibles, widely appreciated by consumers worldwide. Weed infused gummies look exactly like regular ones except for the fact that these can deliver the goodness of THC.
- High-quality gelatin (powder/sheet)
- Corn syrup
- Cannabis coconut oil
- Soy lecithin (optional yet necessary)
Making weed-infused gummies is very similar to making regular gummies. You follow the same steps with a few added ones to get the THC incorporated.
- Step 1: The first step is to get the gelatin ready for action. Whether you’re using powders or sheets, let the water have at it for about 10 minutes.
- Step 2: The second step is to heat things up. Take the gelatin mixture and corn syrup and pour both into a pan. The stove should be on medium heat for the entire process. Whisk the mixture very gently and don’t let the gelatin boil.
- Step 3: Once the mixture melts, you can take it off the stove and let it cool down. Add the cannabis oil into the gelatin. Don’t forget about the soy lecithin. It’s a fatty substance essential for your coconut oil and gelatin mixture to bond. Mix everything together.
- Step 4: Prepare your mold with cooking spray and start filling. A pro tip would be to put an extra layer of parchment paper on the molds so it becomes easy for you to remove the gummies.
- Step 5: Take the tray to the refrigerator and let the gelatin set for at least an hour. The longer you let it sit, the firmer gummies you can enjoy. Let them dry out a bit once you take them out of the fridge.
The world of weed edibles is vast and we just scraped the tip in this post. It’s not entirely possible to compile all the weed-infused food recipes out there in one post. Edibles are suitable for almost everyone (excluding children of course!) and work well for both recreational and medicinal usage. Start your own experimentation now!